Friday, June 3, 2011

When we learn to walk

Today I had a nice walk.  The walk was long.  The sun grinned the whole time.  I thought more and came closer to a conclusion in regards to what I would say, what message I'd deliver, if the whole world was listening.  I am, obviously, thinking too hard about this.

Today I did not have a nice writing session because I did not have a writing session at all.  Instead, I played a lot of guitar and came closer to understanding the mood of a new song I'm writing.  I hope I will finish that song as well as a few others before the fin du mois; next mois I may play in a local singer/songwriters showcase at Kerouac Café.  Tomorrow I will meet with the lady who books it.  It will be a good song.

This evening I had a splendid time hanging out with Skye and Gabriel and Brendan at the opening of Gabriel's art show.  Floating Island Sanctuaries. . . from what magicful corner of the universe does Gabriel import his genius?

Speaking of genius, there were several babies about:  Anita and Scotty's baby girl who smiles and dances and flirts like a bee, Brandi and Tim's baby boy who mostly screams at the humans around him but giggles gently when lowered in front of a dog's friendly face, and Liz and Jonathan's baby, who still nests in Liz's tummy awaiting the world and a name.  Liz is pretty sure she's a she.

I think I need to ask my mother when I first started walking.

||Happy Friday||

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Your mother says you were 11 months old. Ummm Liz and Jonathans baby? Coincidence or do you have news for your mother???!!